No doubt that traveling challenges even the most die hard dieters among us. It’s not only the tempting treats but serious lack of healthy choices at many airports when time is of the essence and grabbing whatever is available is not what’s best for our bodies.
Already the 4th busiest airport in the world, Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) is now establishing itself as the world’s healthiest. Here you can avoid diet turbulence and fuel your body with the right nutrients thanks to the fact that all DFW concessionaires have pledged to offer at least one low-calorie, low-fat, low-sodium, cholesterol-free, plant-based, or high-in-fiber entree or menu item.
Here’s a gate-by-gate sampling for your next connection in DFW:
- (C22) Roasted corn and lime crema tacos and black bean and roasted red pepper quesadillas from Urban Taco
- (D24) Enchiladas de avocado (vegetarian enchiladas with artichoke and avocado) from Cantina Laredo
- (D31) Veggie-packed teriyaki bowls from Blue Bamboo Xpress
- (B8) “Tofusion” whole-grain brown rice bowls from UFood Grill
- (B28, D28) Gourmet veggie plates such as the “Southern Classic” at Cousins Bar-B-Q with baked beans, corn-on-the-cob, green beans, black-eyed peas, and okra
- (D33) Award-winning “Martha’s Vegetable Plate” at Reata , an expansive raft of simply grilled and roasted asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, tomato, sweet potato, spinach, balsamic-glazed Portobello, sweet onion, ranch beans and Spanish rice.
Photo courtesy of DFW International Airport