Your bags are ready, items on your travel check list are all crossed off, and you’re thinking: “If I forgot something, I won’t miss it.”
I hate to introduce doubt into your well laid plans but did you consider identity theft? These days it’s not just pickpockets or online hackers you have to worry about. Thieves equipped with scanners are lying in wait for your most vulnerable moments.
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), embedded in all U.S. passports issued after 2006 and now in most credit cards and cell phones, is available to those who want to assume your identity. All it takes is a specialized scanner via wifi to skim your data. You’re on a trip of a lifetime yet on a long ride through bureaucratic hell you didn’t bargain for canceling your accounts and re-establishing everything that makes you uniquely “You“.
Made with hidden pockets and RFID blocking material impervious to scanners, SCOTTeVEST’s new travel vest comes loaded with the following features:
- Ergonomic Weight Management System properly balances the weight of pocket contents for added comfort during travel
- Key Card Protector shields against magnets and cell phones which can easily demagnetize hotel key cards and metro tickets
- An in-garment Personal Area Network (PAN) solves your low battery dilemma. Gadgets of all sorts including Google Glass are easy to recharge in one pocket with a battery pack in another pocket via a connection built into the vest’s lining
- Fully transparent Clear Touch pockets allow you to manipulate a touch screen device while still inside
- CollarConnect™ System integrates wires like ear buds into clothing so they don’t dangle in plain view.
Photo courtesy of ScotteVest. Coverage made possible by testing a complimentary product