Warmer weather and indulging in fine chocolates don’t always immediately go hand-in-hand when envisioning summertime activities like hitting the beach or joining a rousing game of volleyball. Chocolatier Nicolas Cloiseau at La Maison du Chocolat is working to bust this misconception with his new Bien Être Collection. Reconstructing ganache from the ground up, he did the unthinkable by removing cream and butter in his couvertures yet still maintaining a perfectly balanced silky texture.
It took Cloiseau 9 months of trials to achieve a similar texture with purées, fruit juices, and nectars. Honey and maple syrup are used as natural sweeteners, hazelnut oil for creaminess, and natural chicory fiber for rich texture. He also incorporated ingredients possessing dense nutritional values like mango, turmeric, aloe vera, propolis, squash seeds, and pomegranate boosting antioxidants, polyphenolic compounds, and vitamins. As an added benefit, the chocolate itself has a pristine expressiveness showcasing genuine finishes on the palate. And it’s all artfully exemplified in La Maison’s du Chocolat’s Bien Être Collection Gift Box:
- Mango Turmeric – A mouthful of subtly spicy mango encompasses this dark ganache with acidulous accents. Blended with a sweet mango purée, the turmeric subtly unveils a long, powdery chocolate finish on the palate.
- Green Apple Aloe Vera – The focus on vegetal qualities invites you to discover the fresh flavor of aloe vera brightened by fruity green apple with particularly dynamic crisp sensations making it an energetic pairing.
- Praliné Squash Seeds – Under a dark chocolate couverture, roasted squash seeds are nestled in the heart of an almond and squash seed praliné. 74% fruit, this luscious praliné contains a high level of magnesium.
- Peach Propolis – With its fruity and acidulous tones, the peach serves up round, flavorful accents drizzled with propolis naturally created by honey bees.
- Pomegranate – A subtle explosion of pomegranate in this dark ganache tempered by a delicate fruit gelée with raspberry and chokeberry juice. Fruity acidulous notes transform the astringency of the pomegranate into an invigorating, explosive cocktail.
Coverage made possible by participating in a sponsored tasting. Photos courtesy of La Maison du Chocolat.